High blood pressure is no laughing matter; it increases your risk for serious heart diseases. Along with good medical care there are a host of great natural ways to help get your blood pressure down and here are our top 5.
- Exercise; simple, time-tested and safe and very effective, just 30-40 minutes of moderate exercise daily such as a brisk walk is one of the best ways to get you blood pressure down.
- Reduce stress: easier said than done? Well try yoga, it can work wonders for reducing stress and effectively lowers blood pressure too.
- Eat well; it sounds simple but food is the most powerful medicine for high blood pressure going, and its delicious. The DASH diet is best known and can lower blood pressure as well as any drug, without the side effects.
- Juice it: a daily pomegranate juice (PJ) it a powerful way to use food as your medicine. PJ is one of the most potent natural foods for heart health, and just 150 ml daily was recently shown to reduce blood pressure within 2-weeks.
- CoQ10: Several studies have found that a Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) supplement can lower blood pressure. Try 100 mg daily and let your doctor know if you are already on medication as CoQ10 has been shown to reduce the need for medication over time.