Fish oil is so important for your heart that it's the one dietary supplement unanimously recommended by heart health foundations worldwide. Here are 5 things you need to know about this heart health wonder supplement:
- Fish oil supplements have been shown to transform you cardiovascular system by reducing cholesterol, blood pressure, inflammation, oxidative stress, and improving blood vessel and heart muscle function.
- They are totally safe, research has consistently shown there are no adverse or side effects of taking fish oil daily.
- They are also safe with other heart medications, if you are on blood thinners you should check with your doctor, but research has shown that even with these fish oil is harmless.
- You can use fish oils to reduce your risk of ever having a heart problem, with the common recommendation of at least 500 mg of omega 3 daily.
- If you have had heart disease fish oil can reduce your risk of further disease, but its advised you use a bit more; at least 1000 mg of omega 3 daily.
It is also important to increase you intake of cold water fish to at least 2-3 servings a week, but for those who don't eat fish or need to reduce their heart disease risk a daily supplement is a smart choice.